Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pop Art Make Up look




On Wednesday we had to do pop art themed which was a bit of a pickle for me because I honestly could not think of anything.

A couple minutes after googling pop art history and checking out images. I was surprised at the amount of polka dot comical looks and knew immediately that I didn't want anything to do with those dots. So I went with a comic action bubble that says 'WINK' and a full thick wing with originally a heavy contour to portray Andy Warhol 'Marilyn Monroe'. However my heavy contour was blue and nothing would blend smoothly so I had to wipe it off then replace it with a natural blush.

I did however, borrowed the idea of comic lips from 'beautifyandcreatify' (instagram user) and it came out alright.

It does look a bit overwhelming especially the blues but in the future, this will most likely get recreated and will look much more cleaner.


Here's the final result.


                                *Sorry for the blurred photos but you get the gist of the look*

Products used: Kryolan Foundation (NB1+NB2), Kryolan grease paint (hot pink, yellow, blue, black and red), Kryolan aqua paint (white), Ben Nye 'Blushing Bride' + 'Raspberry' blush, thick brows were Ben Nye 'brown-black' and finally, mascara was Maybelline 'Great Lash'.

Signing off for the night!

-
Annie, oxo


Disclaimer: All photos taken and are a property of  'Kisses from a siren'  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean