Saturday, November 30, 2013

Facial wipes reviews!

Yup! I'm going to talk about facial wipes that varies between purposes, so let's hop to it!





Coles '4 in 1 Cleansing Wipes'

$2.99AU in most Coles grocery stores 

This product is nothing extraordinary apart from the fact that it can remove water proof mascara as it says on the package. 

I have noticed that when it comes to removing oil based foundation, it doesn't remove much as I've tried two fresh wipes and still picks up the remaining product from my skin. 

I would also like to note that if you overuse this product, you may experience dryness, stinging sensation or  red patches. 

I found that while it does remove my eye make up, it also strips my natural oil on my lids to the point where it can react with stinging pain followed by dry patches after a day or so. 

PRO: Works reasonably well, does what it says on the package. Can be found in any Coles. Can also be use as a body fresher wipe (think feet, arms or even the neck for those hot sweaty days). 

CON: can irritate sensitive skin by stripping natural oil from the skin. 

Derma '3 in 1 Fragance Free Facial Wipes'

WHERE: Coles, usually on sale for $1.99

This is what I stock up on for my professional kit, it works like a charm on most clients & is inexpensive. 

While the packaging does state that it moisturises delicate skin, it doesn't but don't let this put you off as it is important to moisturize after cleansing anyway. 

I can definitely say that this product removes water proof make up even with setting spray on and doesn't strip natural oil from your skin which is an important factor when it comes to cleansing the skin. 

PRO: it works, cheap, gentle, easy to find & removes most products from the face/body. 

CON: doesn't moisturise the skin like it states on the package, flimsy sticker on opening, can leak as there are still liquid in the packaging. 

Yes to 'Age Refresh Cleansing 
Facial Towlettes'
Priceline, $4.99 for travel size, $9.99 for full size. 

Yep, a bit steep for facial wipes but like many, I fell for "what's hot" in the Beauty world and this product was hard to find in my hometown. The wipes you are seeing was the last one that survived the 40% off sale that Priceline had a couple of weeks ago. 

Anyway, is it worth it? 
In my opinion, no. I'm currently stashing it in my handbag as a quick "freshen up" wipe as I feel that this product isn't worthy of daily usage. 

The towelettes feel a little dry, so I can't really say much about what it does for the ageing part but it does however remove a small amount of make up products. In the end, it is more of a toner type of product. 

PRO: good for hot sweaty days.

CON: dry, doesn't moisturise nor remove much make up. Can irritate sensitive or overly dried skin. 

Swisspers 'Facial Cleansing Wipes with Pomegranate Extract'.  


Priceline, $6.35
(Also available in 'white tea extract' & 'mango extract'). 

This is now my holy grail product of Summer '13, unfortunately I am having the most difficult time trying to find more of these! 

The scent is amazing, it does moisturise as it contain Shea butter & even removes all traces of make up from the face. 

The only thing I have to say that is negative about this product is, avoid using it every day when suffering lack of natural oil from the skin. In other words, do not use if you either over cleansed your face or gotten sunburnt. 

PRO: does everything on the package. 

CON: None unless you suffered sunburns or stripped natural oil. 

And that's all we have so far, hope these products help in any way and I will be doing another review of facial wipes next year. 

Oxo, A. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep it clean